Question

No sound from Play 5 (series 1)

Both Spotify and Sonos Apps recognise my Play 5 as an available device from my menus yet the device has no sound when i connect to it (it appears to be playing fine in the App). I have another Play 5 and a Play 1 which both work fine.

I dropped it about 2 years ago but it continued to play after this so I'm not sure if this is contributing to my fault.

Any advice would be greatly received.
Thanks

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Hi there, Paul_20: On the back of the PLAY:5 there should be a headphone jack. If you plug headphones into the port, do you hear music coming out? If so, you may want to reach out to our support technicians on the phone. Sounds like (no pun intended), we may need to replace this unit. They will be able to take a closer look, see whats going on and get this sorted. We appreciate your patience. Our contact information can be found here.
Hi Keith N,
Thanks for the response. I have tried using the headphone jack but no music comes out (only a feingt crackling). Not sure what this means but would be grateful for further advice.

Many Thanks
Paul

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings