No love for Play 3

• 24 September 2019
  • 12 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9
As an owner of two Play 3's should I be worried Sonos software will not support them in the near future. I see everybody is replacing the 3's for 1's or One's. I absolutely love the sound they produce and I think it would be a step back if I replace them with the smaller speaker.

What do you think?

Neven

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18
Why would the software not continue to support them? Sonos still support as many products as they can, even from many years ago. If you prefer them, keep them.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Every Sonos Speaker and Connect unit is still supported back from when the company started. There is a controller and ipod dock that have been dropped but I don't see them doing that with the core speaker products.
Userlevel 4
Badge +9
I don't think they will drop support for the Play:3 (I hope not anyway as I have x3 of them). I'm surprised they haven't created a new 'Sonos Three' to go in between the Sonos One and Play:5
Userlevel 3
Badge +9
Why would the software not continue to support them? Sonos still support as many products as they can, even from many years ago. If you prefer them, keep them.
That's good news.

Thank you

Neven
Userlevel 3
Badge +9
Every Sonos Speaker and Connect unit is still supported back from when the company started. There is a controller and ipod dock that have been dropped but I don't see them doing that with the core speaker products.
Thank you
Neven
Userlevel 3
Badge +9
I don't think they will drop support for the Play:3 (I hope not anyway as I have x3 of them). I'm surprised they haven't created a new 'Sonos Three' to go in between the Sonos One and Play:5
That is the reason I started to think they will discontinue the Play 3. And why so many people are selling theirs, I don't know. Back in 2014. I liked the Play 3 the most. It gave me the best performace for the price.

Neven
Userlevel 7
Badge +18
They discontinued the Play:3 a while ago, if by that you mean stop manufacturing/selling. They also discontinued the Play:5 Gen 1 when they updated it with the Gen 2. They are all still supported though.
Sonos would have to abandon the following:

ZP80 (2005)
ZP100 (2005)
ZP90/Connect (2008)
ZP120/Connect:Amp (2008)
S5/Play:5 Gen 1 (2009)

Before abandoning the Play:3 (2011). You can rest easy for a while.
What about the Sonos One gen 1?

😉
What about the Sonos One gen 1?

;)

Came after the Play:3, so it's irrelevant. 😋
Oh, sure, bring back the logic aspect.... 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +18
All right, you two. Play nicely 😜