Answered

no longer connects to wifi

• 4 February 2020
  • 4 replies

Previously worked wirelessly now will not. 1ft from the router yet it cannot connect. Dreadful system and no way to complain to company. Will keep as it a good soundbar but will not be adding to it to build a wireless music system. 

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 4 February 2020, 18:06

1 foot is awfully close, Sonos recommends a bit more. Have you bothered to submit a system diagnostic while the sound bar is wired and showing in the controller app, and contacted Sonos Support to discuss it?

I usually suggest the phone folks, they have more tools available, but are available Monday through Friday during business hours. Twitter support folks are available 24/7.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

View original

4 replies

1 foot is awfully close, Sonos recommends a bit more. Have you bothered to submit a system diagnostic while the sound bar is wired and showing in the controller app, and contacted Sonos Support to discuss it?

I usually suggest the phone folks, they have more tools available, but are available Monday through Friday during business hours. Twitter support folks are available 24/7.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

The Sonos support team are not very helpful and just repeat the same message. The app is not very helpful either. 
To be honest, it’s a great soundbar but having read many many other reports of poor wireless performance since, I think it best to assume that part of it, is more a possibility than a definite. I purchased it as a soundbar so I shouldn’t moan but wish Sonos were a little more honest. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

As Airgetlam suggested, I’m sure we can help sort out the issue. Wiring it temporarily into the network is a great test to see if it’s some wireless issue, or if something else is acting up.

If you want help, the team is happy to assist, and I can here too if you’d like a hand. It’s easier live with an agent though.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

a wiring connection is a good start to rule out any wifi misconfigurations - if you have control over your router then check if the Beam is connected to your LAN and received an IP address - note that SONOS uses the 2.4 Ghz wifi for multi-room setup.