New speaker? - Portable

• 26 September 2017
  • 7 replies

I would personally love to see SONOS make a speaker in which is made to take with you, lets say outside or some place with no wifi or electricity. I would kill to get my hands on one of those.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5
I'm not trying to be rude but at that point why not just get a Bluetooth or Airplay speaker?

I suppose it could make some kind of AdHoc connection to your phone but I feel like it defeats the purpose of Sonos.

I see no benefit in a speaker that works outside of WiFi... battery powered I could get behind but the WiFi connection is what makes it work.
I'm not trying to be rude but at that point why not just get a Bluetooth or Airplay speaker?

I agree, and I would go Bluetooth to be able to use it where there is no WiFi. Plus use streaming services that allow you to download music for offline listening to it when there isn't any WiFi. You get speakers now that will even float in the pool with you.
I know i could just get another wireless speaker, however, i just love the quality and the power of the sound from the SONOS speakers, and i would love to show off the awesome qualities to my friends and family.
I would like to be able to use a portable SONOS speaker in my garden where I have WIFI coverage but no power outlets. The benefit would be that I could have the same music playing inside and outside the house when having i.e a party where people move between in and outside of the house.
Kickijb, that is also a great option. I personally think that people would buy a wireless speaker with no need of power outlets or WIFI would sell better that their new "voice-controllable" speaker: (No hate on that speaker, i think it is awesome too)
Wouldn't it be absolutely fantastic if there was a portable model with both wifi and Bluetooth capabilities? I really hate having too many different systems.
^Yeah!