Answered

New Sonos Speakers

• 4 April 2018
  • 1 reply

Badge
I was speaking with customer service a few days ago and they mentioned that new Sonos speakers are typically revealed toward the end of the calendar year. Is there a particular event where they show them? The design aesthetic of the Sonos line is what I might call mid-century modern or utilitarian. The Sonos One seems to improve things a bit over the Play:One. I seem to remember that they came out with a 'jazz' verison of the Play:One. Maybe there were a few other special editions as well. Does anyone know of any plans to redesign the visual aesthetic or possibly add more speakers to the line? Would love to see a Play:Seven added to the lineup.
icon

Best answer by AjTrek1 4 April 2018, 22:17

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Hello Atari_Prime

From collateral damage (Sonos v HEOS) to what new Sonos speakers are on the horizon...you're leaving no stone un-turned :8

I digress...No one but Sonos and maybe a few insiders know exactly what Sonos has planned (or when) for the addition of new products. In such a competitive market the general public won't know until maybe a month before the release date. Sonos has been known to offer special pre-release discounts to current registered Sonos owners via announcements that appear in the Sonos App. Special editions are rare and generally offer no more than a cosmetic difference (i.e. Play:1 Tone)

I can say from experience that Sonos products hold their value quite well. Meaning that if you were to purchase a Sonos speaker that was replaced (Play 5 to Play 5_2nd Gen) or had a feature upgrade (Play:1 v Sonos One) odds are very good that it could sold (at a slight loss) especially within 60 -90 days of purchase. I sold a two year old Sonos Sub for 70% of it's original value. Hint: Always keep the original packaging.

Cheers!