Answered

New software but phone app now not working

• 13 April 2018
  • 1 reply

Badge
I have 2 x Play 5's and 2 x Play 1's and the system has been running perfectly for the last 6 months. I'm running the Sonos app on a Samsung S3 most of the time and on a pc occasionally. Yesterday I purchased an iPad and in my haste to get that up and running I loaded the app onto that and followed the instructions that came up to update software. All fine and control from the iPad was perfect. However, my S3 is now not working and I'm getting the error message that the operating systems out of date and must be updated. Which I cannot do.

I'm assuming the problem is I now have two bits of kit one with an old operating system (Android 4.0) and one with a new one (IOS11). The S3 can't be upgraded but I would like to control Sonos from the S3 but think I'm going to be out of luck unless there is a workaround?
icon

Best answer by Stuart_W 13 April 2018, 16:27

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Generally once the operating system is too old the Sonos controller will continue to function but with varying degrees of reduced functionality. There's no way to make that Android phone run the latest controller so you either put up with the reduced functionality, upgrade the phone or control Sonos with a different controller