New Product idea

• 25 April 2017
  • 7 replies

Smaller stereo box, Hi folks at Sonos, love your products but I find the Sonos Play 1 is too big for the shower/bathroom ensuite - It would be great to have a "Sonos Micro" that's optimised for a bathroom so I can enjoy great quality music during my morning shower. Small, Water resistant, Stereo & easily wall mounted or with a wall sucker would be great

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Smaller stereo box, Hi folks at Sonos, love your products but I find the Sonos Play 1 is too big for the shower/bathroom ensuite - It would be great to have a "Sonos Micro" that's optimised for a bathroom so I can enjoy great quality music during my morning shower. Small, Water resistant, Stereo & easily wall mounted or with a wall sucker would be great

Hi OzMarcus,

Thanks for the suggestion. While we can't comment on possible future products, we're always looking for new ideas and suggestions. We'll send in a feature request to make a smaller, water resistant, stereo speaker.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Connect:Amp to small speakers is going to be your best bet. Don't see sonos making any smaller a unit. And many European customers can't plug in a speaker in bathroom anyhow.
I had thought of that Chris but it really defeats the whole Sonos ethos in my view, .. A smaller portable with a wall mount system that can be easily moved would be great - you could shift it from bathroom to kitchen to laundry to garage really easily - The other thing I forgot to mention is that careful audio programming would be needed for this one too to mitigate the extra reverb often found in bathrooms that are full of glass and tiles.
That "careful audio programming" you speak of is called Trueplay, and is already part of the Sonos app, although currently only available for most iOS devices, due to the varied nature of Android microphone suppliers.
yes TruePlay looks great - unfortunately we're an Android household - as I guess is more than half the marketplace these days - :S
So am I where handheld devices are concerned. I just had to borrow an iPhone over a year ago for an hour, and was able to run Trueplay on two zones at home, and have not needed to borrow it again, because speaker location hasn't changed. And if I ever need to toggle it on/off, I can do that via Android.

Or I could have waited for Sonos to release a way to do this on Android devices.
Badge
I have the same idea:
https://en.community.sonos.com/wireless-speakers-228992/sonos-micro-6815106/index1.html#post16288157