Answered

Need Playbar Moved to New Network

• 30 June 2020
  • 3 replies

I have a Playbar mounted on the wall downstairs with the wires hidden in the wall. I’d like to move it to a new Network, but the only option seems to be to manually plug the Playbar into my router. The router is upstairs and I don’t want to take this off the wall, remove the wires (it’s not easy), and take it upstairs to plug it in. Are there any other options?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Paul A 2 July 2020, 00:05

Hi @tbamm.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thank you for reaching out.

I would like to recommend some of the basic functionalities on how to get your Sonos Playbar running on your New WiFi Network.

Assuming that you only have 1 Sonos device (Playbar), I would advise to follow the following steps accordingly.

1. Open the Sonos app.
  2. Wait for the prompt at the top “can’t connect to Sonos. Fix it”, and tap on the word fix it.
  3. from the options, select update wireless setting. and follow the prompts.

Otherwise, if you have more than 1 Sonos device. Follow the following steps.

1. Connect Playbar to router via ethernet cable or any other Sonos device.
  2. Once ethernet cable is connected to both Sonos device and router, connect the Sonos device to power.
  3. Wait for the Sonos device to go solid white, Once the Sonos device (wired to the router) goes to solid white light, reboot the rest of the Sonos devices wirelessly connected. 
  4. Open the Sonos app and on the Sonos app, choose connect to existing system (if applicable only) if not the Sonos app would automatically take you to the Sonos app home page.
  5. once connected follow this guide to update wireless settings on the Sonos app.

If the Playbar is flashing green, that means the Playbar was factory reset and is ready to be set up.

Follow this guide on how to set up a new Sonos system.  Choose sign in since you already have a Sonos account.

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks,

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @tbamm.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thank you for reaching out.

I would like to recommend some of the basic functionalities on how to get your Sonos Playbar running on your New WiFi Network.

Assuming that you only have 1 Sonos device (Playbar), I would advise to follow the following steps accordingly.

1. Open the Sonos app.
  2. Wait for the prompt at the top “can’t connect to Sonos. Fix it”, and tap on the word fix it.
  3. from the options, select update wireless setting. and follow the prompts.

Otherwise, if you have more than 1 Sonos device. Follow the following steps.

1. Connect Playbar to router via ethernet cable or any other Sonos device.
  2. Once ethernet cable is connected to both Sonos device and router, connect the Sonos device to power.
  3. Wait for the Sonos device to go solid white, Once the Sonos device (wired to the router) goes to solid white light, reboot the rest of the Sonos devices wirelessly connected. 
  4. Open the Sonos app and on the Sonos app, choose connect to existing system (if applicable only) if not the Sonos app would automatically take you to the Sonos app home page.
  5. once connected follow this guide to update wireless settings on the Sonos app.

If the Playbar is flashing green, that means the Playbar was factory reset and is ready to be set up.

Follow this guide on how to set up a new Sonos system.  Choose sign in since you already have a Sonos account.

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks,

That seemed to work. Thanks!

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @tbamm.

Thanks for the feedback and letting us know that it worked.

Please do not hesitate to reach out if you still have further questions or concerns.

Thanks.