Question

My speaker is stuck on "Set up PLAY:5"

• 9 December 2016
  • 1 reply

I have a PLAY:5 that dropped off the Sonos network. I put it into factory reset mode & added it back to the network as a new speaker to include naming it. the name never takes I have a "Set up PLAY:5" button at the top of my Rooms buttons. I click on it & name the speaker & it starts all over again with "Set up PLAY:5". I've tried both wired & wireless setups with no success. I submitted diagnostic 6844669.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I have a PLAY:5 that dropped off the Sonos network. I put it into factory reset mode & added it back to the network as a new speaker to include naming it. the name never takes I have a "Set up PLAY:5" button at the top of my Rooms buttons. I click on it & name the speaker & it starts all over again with "Set up PLAY:5". I've tried both wired & wireless setups with no success. I submitted diagnostic 6844669.

Hi User197837,

Your diagnostic report has some formatting errors so it's a bit hard to read. I do see that there are some wireless communication errors between your units. This could lead to the error you're describing. Please try changing the Sonos wireless channel and see if you're then able to add the PLAY:5.