My Sonos Move comes out of sleep by itself

• 18 February 2021
  • 3 replies

Hello everyone !

I’m an owner of a sonos move and since the beginning I have my device which comes out of sleep by tself, at the beginning I thought that it was only when someone in the house open the Sonos app but I realized that even in the bluetooth mode it comes out of sleep during the night.

Do some of you have the same issue ?

Thankyou for you anwers, bye !

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @Uniik-Yako, welcome to the Sonos Community!

There are a couple of things that can cause the Move to wake up, such as opening the Sonos app, or if the Move goes through an update (which typically occurs overnight when using Automatic Updates).

Does this also occur when the Move is manually set to Sleep Mode using the power button?

Different services can also affect sleep mode - do you use Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant?

Hi Xander P,

Yes, it occurs even when the Move is manually set to sleep Mode using the power button and I don’t use any voice assistant, so I don’t understand.

But it also happens when the Move is set to Bluetooth mode, so I don’t think that opening the Sonos app can cause the Move to wake up.

Sometimes I set it to sleep mode from bluetooth mode and the Move turns back on 5 minutes later, it is very strange.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Understood, is there any change if the Move is on/off the charging base? 

I would usually suggest checking the DHCP lease time on your router - that shouldn’t apply if the Move is in Bluetooth mode, however it may still be worth checking. What make/model of router are you using? If you’re not sure about checking the settings I can have a quick look for a product manual :)