Answered

My Sonos Beam says "El Rey" at the bottom ?

• 24 July 2019
  • 3 replies

Hi guys,

Can you help me out on this. Recently purchased a my Sonos Beam. Interestingly, at the bottom of it there is a sticker saying "El Rey" as a model, rather than Beam. I read about "El Rey" being the internal Sonos name of the product, but haven't found any other info on that.

Does this mean that it is an earlier produced unit ? Are there any differences ? The sonos app recognises it as Beam though...

Cheers and thanks for your thoughts on this.
icon

Best answer by Ryan S 24 July 2019, 18:10

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi gogor, that is a pre-release unit that someone was sent for beta testing purposes and was allowed to keep after the test was concluded. The components may be slightly different from the final product, but it's going to be pretty similar. Those units are fine to use, and though we are fine with testers gifting them to other people, they probably shouldn't be sold since they were only paid for in time spent testing.

Keep in mind, that if anything does go wrong with that unit, the support team is happy to help troubleshoot issues, but it doesn't come with any manufacturer warranty.
Hi Ryan,

Thanks a lot for making things clear. It all makes sense now, the plain box etc. The item was new and bought from ebay, hopefully there won’t be any issues with it and warranty won’t be needed 🙂 I kinda like the el rey name, so it is pretty unique as a Sonos item.

Thanks again and all the best!
The item was new
It most definitely was not, from the sound of things. You would be entitled to claim for 'item not as described'.