My Play 3 has stopped working (no power) it is out of Warranty how can I get it repaired?

Power at all. Have changed fuse in plug.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

18 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge
While the units power cable is removed from the electrical socket, run over with your hands for any kinks or gauges and look for any visual defects. Is the unit been moved around alot? Any stretching especially at the plug and socket ends?
Userlevel 1
Badge
Try this, Sonos Info... Sonos component:  Disconnect the power cord and leave it disconnected for at least ten seconds. Hold down the Mute or Play/Pausebutton, depending on which Sonos component you are using, and reconnect the power plug. Continue holding the Mute or Play/Pause button until the status indicator light begins to flash amber. Once the indicator light begins flashing amber, let go of the button. Eventually it will start flashing green and white simultaneously, meaning it is factory reset and ready to add back to your Sonos System. 
Its in mint condition. Never been moved out of my bedroom. The reset doesn't work. Tried that before I posted. Need to get it fixed?
Userlevel 1
Badge
Its in mint condition. Never been moved out of my bedroom. The reset doesn't work. Tried that before I posted. Need to get it fixed?
Is the power cord at the back of the unit flush? Sometimes the lead can look like it's connected but protrudes slightly which in turn stops the power.
Userlevel 1
Badge
Is the power cord at the back of the unit flush? Sometimes the lead can look like it's connected but protrudes slightly which in turn stops the power.
Userlevel 1
Badge
Userlevel 1
Badge
Yep. Tried that. Also tried the power lead from another sonos. Still dead. Also tried original lead in different sonos. Works fine. So.... Units still dead.... 😞
I have a Playbar that was purchased 3 weeks ago, and all the sudden one day stopped working. Seems there is no power. It was set in place when set up and never touched. I have unplugged power cord from both the wall end and the playbar end. unplugged the audio, reset the bridge. Nothing. As if it is dead, no power. Any clue about why this suddenly occur? 
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
I have a Playbar that was purchased 3 weeks ago, and all the sudden one day stopped working. Seems there is no power. It was set in place when set up and never touched. I have unplugged power cord from both the wall end and the playbar end. unplugged the audio, reset the bridge. Nothing. As if it is dead, no power. Any clue about why this suddenly occur? 
Hi Andrea,

Sounds like there might be a problem with that PLAYBAR. You'll be best off giving us a call and speaking with a technician live. 
I have the same issue, did you manage to resolve your play 3 not coming on at all. like you I have tested the cable and it is fine and works on other components.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Time to call it in and work with Sonos on a replacement.
I have the same issue, did you manage to resolve your play 3 not coming on at all. like you I have tested the cable and it is fine and works on other components.
I have exactly the same problem with a play 3. Just went dead today. I've switched around the mains sockets with another play 3 and it's dead. Where can I get it repaired and can I buy a power supply unit for it?

Thank you.

Mark
I have had exact same problem yesterday!
Basically happened after doing auto update !
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi folks,

If your speakers are not powering on it would be best to have our phone team take a look. Please give us a call, you can find our phone number and hours here.
Same here - auto update on a play 3 and now no power. Following previous messages, please can you advise on the outcome following the suggested call to the Sonus Team to fix. Thanks
I had this exact same issue. Player 3 a Part of a stereo pair - one works fine the other just has no power / no lights following update. Neither has ever moved position. Cables checked. Any ideas??
I’d recommend following the instructions in the posts from Sonos staff which are in this thread.