Answered

My One SL pair needs to be unplugged frequently

• 21 February 2020
  • 3 replies

Hello,

I have a paired set of Sonos One SL’s. After 24 hours of not being in use I seem to have to unplug them to reset them in order for the app to see them.

The problem is I set them up really high and hard to reach. I thought they would stay on stand by until the next use.

Anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 21 February 2020, 07:33

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

I’ve got two guesses. The first is wifi interference of some kind, although the time element is suspicious. The other is a potential duplicate IP address issue. Try unplugging them from power, then rebooting your router. Once the router comes back up, plug the Sonos back in, and see if they stay connected for longer than 24 hours. 

I will try reseting the IP address.

I do have more than one overlapping network that needs some attention. Looking for a switch with a couple of AP’s but have not done it yet.

Thanks for the reply Bruce

Sonos tends not to play well with APs. If you can, I’d suggest a wired setup, although that doesn’t change the suggestion for the speaker/router reboot, as the router is still dealing with IP addresses in both types of setups.