My music library music stops with error message "insufficient speed to buffer"

• 17 February 2017
  • 3 replies

"network connection speed insufficient to maintain playback buffer" is the full error message

My library is NOT in the default location of my computer, which I think may be the culprit. I run windows 7 and Windows Media Player which are located on my solid state drive (C drive). My songs are stored in the E drive. This is a deal breaker, if there is no work-around.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Badge +1
i was having the same problem, playing through my own music, which i queue and set to random play with crossfade. Often tracks would start and then show the error "network connection speed insufficient to maintain playback buffer" and jump to the next track and then again and so on ... i was advised to change the network channel which i did. changed from 1 to 6 ...that was about a week ago ... I have had no drop outs since then.... give it a try ...it certainly fixed my problem
Thanks Severac. My network channel was at 6 and I switched it to 11. It worked 🙂 Then I switched it to channel 1 and it worked too. Channel 6 didn't work for me.
Badge +1
Really pleased to hear that, it seems the channel change has worked for you, as it did for me, now you can get back to enjoying your music.