Question

My Move keeps turning on and then it is dead

I’ll take the speaker off the charger, put it in the car and go somewhere. After a day of doing nothing wherever I go, it will keep turning on by itself - the light is on - and then I’ll turn it off by holding down the button, and then an hour later the light is on again. Great for lighting the room, not great for music :(

How can I make it stop turning on and burning all the battery? 100% to 20% in 24h with no music!! Wild stuff!!! Would love to listen rather than looking at the light.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @My move is dying.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear about this issue and I do understand where you’re coming from.

We would need to go through some troubleshooting steps to determine what is causing this issue:

• Remove Move from the charging cradle. 
  • Press and hold the power button for 30 seconds.
  • Wait an additional 5 seconds after powering off the Move.
  • Place the Move on the charging cradle in the correct orientation.

Kindly submit a diagnostic report through the Sonos app, it will provide us valuable details to see what options available.

Alternatively, you can reach out with Sonos Support to discuss it, and for more in-depth troubleshooting on the device.

I suggest contacting phone support because they have more resources available on their system.

Contact Number: 1-800-680-2345
The hours of operations are Mon-Fri 10 am-9 pm Eastern time.

If you have any other questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to reach out.

Badge

@Annazel S My Sonos Move has the same issue, is it a bug for all the Sonos Move? if so, are you working on resolve it?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

This has been reported many times and there is a detailed thread.  Sonos acknowledged the problem but unless there was a fix in 12.1 this is still an open issue.  Off base the Move battery will flatten in 2 days even when off.