Answered

My dog ate my sync button, can I get a new one?

Hi, long time Sonos user w/ multiple products with a very unusual question. We have a new aussiedoodle pup who is very curious.. recently we found him chewing on something under the couch. Lo and behold, he managed to scrape off the sync button for our Sonos Sub and mangle it good. He didnt swallow it.. but I sure could use a replacement. 

Sonos.. or anyone, could you help me get a new sync button for a Sonos Sub Gen:1?

We will try to keep Zorro away from it. Zorro thanks you in advance.

icon

Best answer by Corry P 5 May 2021, 16:24

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I think I have used my Sub’s sync button exactly once, if my dog ate it I’m not sure it would be a big problem.

Well, at least it makes a change from “the dog ate my homework”.

Could be just a visual thing, both my Subs are not in a place that can be seen, but if his Sub is in a place that it can indeed be seen, I can understand the desire. Which is probably why the puppy dog could have eaten it. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @lasseman 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I’m afraid the answer is a straight-up “no”.

Although we do have the options set up in our systems to supply some parts (the rubber feet on Play:3 and power cords the main examples), supplying a new hardware button for a discontinued product (that would need to be taken apart for the button to be fitted) just can’t be organised (we don’t have spares, for a start).

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Maybe go to ebay and look for dead Subsystems being parted out?