Answered

Mute on ?? Turn off ??

• 13 June 2019
  • 7 replies

zp120
Mute button lite, cant get lite to turn off.
Music being sent to sonos box using sonos app on phone, but no music coming out.

https://content.abt.com/documents/20166/ZP120_Setup_Guide.pdf

thanks.
icon

Best answer by Vinnydi 13 June 2019, 20:33

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Hi. It is not a mute button, it is a play/pause button. And the light has nothing to do with play/pause or mute, it is supposed to be permanently on. There must be another explanation. Have you muted the player in the app by accident?
it is a speaker with a line true it. the instructions says it is a mute button.
take a look at the link i provided.

You are speaking about another model....
thanks
It was designed as a mute button, but a firmware update years ago repurposed it as a play/pause button. It is not a mute button.
ok, so I should be able to press it once to play ?
Yes, if there is something queued to play and you haven't muted the player in the app.
so pushing the pause/play button on the box does nothing.
pressing the volume + button does nothing.

well, there is a pause button in the app, i press it , it pauses the music, then I can un-pause and the room activity bar start working again, but nothing coming out of the speakers.

is the app communicating with the sonos ?
thanks
well, I was not muted, but the volume was all the way down in the app.
I'm new to the smarter than me phone world...

I called the 800 #, we did a diagnostic, it required an update.

Pause/play button is now un-lite since the update.
All front buttons are disabled pause/play and volume.
Pause light comes on when you turn the volume all the way down or mute the volume in the app.

So according too the guy, the update was needed.
but I will never know, if I had turned the volume on the app in the morning, would I have had musak....

thanks