Answered

Music skips to next track randomly

• 24 July 2020
  • 3 replies

When using Pandora or Mix Cloud Sonos randomly skips to the next song even if I didn’t ask it to.  It started when I updated our ISP, not sure if it’s related.  Here’s the diagnostics I submitted right after it happened:

icon

Best answer by Simon B 24 July 2020, 23:20

Hi @justin714, Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community. I appreciate you taking the time to submit the diagnostic report. Regarding your concern about Audio dropouts when playing Music Service and upon checking on the diagnostic report that you’ve sent, I saw that there is Wireless Interference detected on the Sonos System, Kindly check this link for more information about Reducing Wireless interference on Sonos. 

Let us know how it goes with the advice above

We're here to answer any further questions you have.

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi @justin714, Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community. I appreciate you taking the time to submit the diagnostic report. Regarding your concern about Audio dropouts when playing Music Service and upon checking on the diagnostic report that you’ve sent, I saw that there is Wireless Interference detected on the Sonos System, Kindly check this link for more information about Reducing Wireless interference on Sonos. 

Let us know how it goes with the advice above

We're here to answer any further questions you have.

Thank you, I had my new WIFI router, Sonos boost, and hue bridge all right next to each other.  I spread things out a couple different ways and it has just about completely solved the problem, thank you.  My last step will be to try changing the WIFI channel on the new router to try and completely eliminate the skipping.  

Thanks for focusing my efforts on the WIFI interference.

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi @justin714, thanks for the update. I’m glad it worked. Sometimes those devices very near each other may cause interference in the connections most likely happening, if it’s on top of each other or side by side, may still cause interference. 

If there's any other issue you're having in the future, feel free to reach out.  

The Sonos Community is always here to help.