Music keeps pausing or skipping

• 22 December 2018
  • 4 replies

Every time we play music from our phones it either pauses half way through or it will skip tracks. Apparently this Hs been going on for a while according to other comments I’ve read. Seriously, there’s no loyalty to customers anymore.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

You could have put a comment in an already existing thread on the topic.
Userlevel 6
Badge +16
Hi,

Do you use SONOS with a speaker wired into your router or just through wifi? And has this started recently on a system that has worked ok previously or is your system new?
Userlevel 6
Badge +16
I should also add that I've seen some posts indicating that SONOS are investigating an issue with playing songs from local network iOS devices, if this is relevant to your problem.
Every time we play music from our phones it either pauses half way through or it will skip tracks. Apparently this Hs been going on for a while according to other comments I’ve read. Seriously, there’s no loyalty to customers anymore.

I’m going to assume you are using iPhones. This is a known issue. I have zero doubt that Apple is the source of this issue, but Sonos, of course, can’t point fingers.

Look at the last two releases of iOS for clues that Apple is badly screwing up. Phones around the world are unable to connect to cellular data after these updates, which appear to be pushed out quickly due to a massive lawsuit against Apple for having stolen technology from Qualcomm. They’re scrambling as country after country threatens to ban iPhone sales.