Multiple Play 1's Getting Fried by Outlet?

• 28 March 2019
  • 1 reply

Had a 2-3 year old Play 1 installed out on outdoor pool/patio area, it quit working several weeks ago. Replaced it with a new Play 1, but just got finished power washing patio and now this Play 1 will not power up either. I have tried doing the factory reset, I simply cannot get this Play 1 to power up (have confirmed outlet has power and have moved it around to other outlets). Could the electric power washer, which was hooked to same outlet, be frying these Play 1's? I believe the power washer had something to do with it, this Play 1 was working right before I hooked up power washer but I noticed it was off immediately afterwards.

Can I send this Play 1 into Sonos to see what's going on? Has anyone else heard of this? Could my outlet be faulty? I don't believe it was the Play 1's, with (2) of them failing under similar circumstances I think it's the outlet...

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, ClassicMuscle. I think you are on the right track about the outlet being the perpetrator. Have you had an electrician come by and check it out?