• 20 December 2016
  • 39 replies

Badge +1
this is is my problem:-

I have one play1 in Room - "Bed room".
I have one play1 in Room- "hallway".
I have two play1s (L+R) in stereo mode and a SUB in Room- "living room"

questions:

1. How do i remove the play1 from "hallway" and add it to the room "living room"???
2. How do i delete or remove "hallway" from the controller app?

I tried to reset the play1 in hallway. after reset when i tried to set up this play1 as new player, the controller app didnt ask me which room i want to add. it automatically added to the room "hallway".

I dont want to group different rooms. I want to move play1 from one room to another.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

39 replies

Badge +1
sonos should fix this limitation issue because it doesnt make any sense...
Buy more Subs. With such a big house you can clearly afford them. I can't see Sonos attempting a fundamental system redesign for the one person who wants it
Badge +1
Buy more Subs. With such a big house you can clearly afford them. I can't see Sonos attempting a fundamental system redesign for the one person who wants it

yes i can buy in bulk.. but why do i need to buy a sub for every pair of speakers... 😞
Have you not noticed that for as long as there have been hifi systems they have come in stereo pairs with optionally a subwoofer? Strangely, systems involving vast numbers of tweeters and hardly any woofers have failed to make a commercial breakthough. There may be a business opportunity for you there. I don't think you need fear competition from Sonos.
Badge +1
Have you not noticed that for as long as there have been hifi systems they have come in stereo pairs with optionally a subwoofer? Strangely, systems involving vast numbers of tweeters and hardly any woofers have failed to make a commercial breakthough. There may be a business opportunity for you there. I don't think you need fear competition from Sonos.

btw, is sonos paying you?
im returning all of my sonos speakers.. why cant i have 10-20 sonos speakers in one room... think i have 10000 sqft living room. this doesnt make any sense to me..

wow. So 2 play 5's and a sub are the maximum amount of speakers in a room for stereo sound?
If you have a sound bar, 2 play 5's and a sub, the sound does not come out of the sound bar?
If you have 2 play 1's for rear speakers, you can't listen to 5.1 stereo sound?

I want sound to come from all my speakers at the same time. Not possible?

So, can I use 2 play 5's and sub with my tv? Only via line in?
Mmm Sonos might not be the greatest speaker set up ever.
Ed
im returning all of my sonos speakers.. why cant i have 10-20 sonos speakers in one room... think i have 10000 sqft living room. this doesnt make any sense to me..

wow. So 2 play 5's and a sub are the maximum amount of speakers in a room for stereo sound?
If you have a sound bar, 2 play 5's and a sub, the sound does not come out of the sound bar?
If you have 2 play 1's for rear speakers, you can't listen to 5.1 stereo sound?

I want sound to come from all my speakers at the same time. Not possible?

So, can I use 2 play 5's and sub with my tv? Only via line in?
Mmm Sonos might not be the greatest speaker set up ever.
Ed

I'm afraid your assumptions are incorrect. Set the surround speakers to Full and you will get full sound out of all 5.1 speakers, Playbar, both surrounds,and Sub, when playing music.

You can use the Playbar for both TV and music.

You can play the same music in up to 32 speakers/Connect units in perfect sync.

The OP is inexplicably complaining because he wants to name a bunch of speakers the same Room name, instead of simply grouping them. Don't take his ranting too seriously, it is truly the very first time I've heard this complaint in 8+ years. If i were to take a guess, judging from his hyperbole, the OP is probably putting one over on us.
Oh ok. Good.
What I really want is a sound bar, 2 play 5 and sub.
Use when watching tv or cranking up music.

I don't need the connect or anything else to do this?

Thanks for the help and replies.

Ed
Nope. Nothing else is needed. Connect to the optical out on your TV, add to the system, and you are good to go. Just make sure to set the surrounds to Full in your settings menu.
No surround speakers.

When I play music from my phone or tv the sound will come out of the sub, 2 play 5's and sound bar. This is what I want. Just want to be sure before I buy the sound bar and sub.
Thanks again.
Yes, if you group them. Though you do know the stereo separation is going to be dispersed? It will be like having two lefts and two rights with a center, thus the stereo effect will be all spread out and not effective. Also, the Play:5's are awesome for music alone, no need for the Playbar or (to a lesser extent), the Sub. If I were you, I'd look into using surrounds. When used as surrounds, the all channel stereo effect is much better than 2 lefts and 2 rights.
Ok. A couple more questions!

How do I play 2 play 5's and sub thru my tv?

How to watch YouTube thru 2 play 5's and sub?

Thanks and thanks

Ed
Ok. A couple more questions!

How do I play 2 play 5's and sub thru my tv?

How to watch YouTube thru 2 play 5's and sub?

Thanks and thanks

Ed

Bond the Sub to the Play:5's, group the Play:5's and Sub with the Playbar, play YouTube on the TV, mute the Playbar.