Answered

Moving sonos to a new system

Hi, I have a Sonos setup at work (two Sonos / Ikea lamps) and a Sonos setup at home - couple of Sonos Ones and a Sonos Sub.  Everything is running off wifi in both locations.

Today I brought my home gear to the office and tried to add it to the Sonos setup there as we have an event, but the products are not found.  I have even tried wiring them with a cable, but still not found.  

My work sonos products uses one email address and my home sonos products another, can this cause an issue when trying to add the products to the work setup?

Any other possible reason why we can’t connect them?

Thanks

Frank

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 17 May 2022, 10:15

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

The two Sonos Systems are running under different HouseholdID’s - to switch them to another HH you would need to factory reset them, but note if you do that for every speaker in the HH you will lose all the settings, music services, saved playlists etc.

I would opt to keep one or two players back to retain your original HH on those and at least that way there will be a route back to your original Home setup.

The two Sonos Systems are running under different HouseholdID’s - to switch them to another HH you would need to factory reset them, but note if you do that for every speaker in the HH you will lose all the settings, music services, saved playlists etc.

I would opt to keep one or two players back to retain your original HH on those and at least that way there will be a route back to your original Home setup.

Thanks I left some back already, so this is a good solution.  I have factory reset them and connected them now - many thanks.