Answered

Moving of speaker

• 15 August 2018
  • 3 replies

I have Sonos speakers in 2 rooms at home.
Now I like to move the one in the dining room and implement it as a satellit in the tv room.
I have tried to find a Youtube about this but cant find any.

Could any one let me know how I do this?
icon

Best answer by Jeff S 15 August 2018, 22:37

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi, Jhunn. You would need to remove the speakers as surrounds, then relocate them, assigning a room name to whichever one(s) you would like to use. Once you wish to return to your previous configuration, you would be required to set them back up as surrounds. The link provided also describes how to do that. Let us know if this gives you any trouble.
I want to do something similar. I have play 1's set up as surround speakers and want to take one out on the deck to listen to music. Im not sure what i neec to do in the controller to do this. Is there a tutorial somewhere?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I have Sonos speakers in 2 rooms at home.
Now I like to move the one in the dining room and implement it as a satellit in the tv room.
I have tried to find a Youtube about this but cant find any.

Could any one let me know how I do this?

Hi there,

Welcome to the community. You can move around your Sonos speakers with relative ease. Just unplug the speaker and plug it back in in a new location. You can change the speaker's name in the Sonos app's settings menu under room settings.

In order to use Sonos speakers with your TV, you'll need to use a PLAYBAR, PLAYBASE, or Beam to accept the audio from your TV. If you already have one of those speakers set up you can add 2 PLAY:1s, 2 PLAY:3s, 2 Sonos Ones, 2 PLAY:5s, or a CONNECT:AMP to act as rear speakers. Here's more information on setting up a Sonos surround system.

You can also use a single speaker to play TV audio if it has a line-in port. The PLAY:5, CONNECT, or CONNECT:AMP can be used this way. When using line-in audio connections, there is a slight delay on the audio, so it may not be optimal for TV audio.