Answered

Moving a Play One to a different room

• 7 May 2018
  • 5 replies

Badge
I have a Play One that I would like to take to a new location to see if I have wifi coverage before adding another speaker. Can I just move it and use its current name on the app or do I have to reprogram it after the test move? It's just temporary for the reception test. It will go back to original location.
icon

Best answer by BCM 7 May 2018, 20:10

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Just move it. Quick and easy. Once it is plugged in, give it a minute to boot and see what happens. That's how I found out I had a signal problem in my home office. Fixed that by wiring in the two Play:5s. I have a dead zone in my sun room that the app struggles with for some reason, but the unwired Connect I have in that area receives just fine.
Badge
Thanks much! I didn't want to move it and scramble things. If all goes well, I'll be able to add another Play One.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I have a Play 1 I call Portable, it gets put wherever I am that doesn't have another Sonos device available. It is fun to look at the network matrix and see what device it is connecting to han how good the signal is.

http://sonos-ip:1400/support/review
I've got two Play:1s and a Connect for the RV. I've named them with RV in their titles so if I need them inside I can easily bring them in, add them to the system, and return them when I'm done. Of course, I wrote their names on the bottoms with a Sharpie just to differentiate them a little more. You know... in case there is bourbon somehow involved. 😃
Badge
Thanks for the help...worked like a charm!