Answered

Moving a Play one

• 14 July 2019
  • 4 replies

Hi - I set up the Sonos system with the playbar, Sub and 2 Play ones. I took one Play 1 to another room because I didn’t need it. That play 1 in another room works great. But the other Play 1 in my basement (paired with the bar and sub) does not have sound. Any ideas? Thank you
icon

Best answer by ratty 14 July 2019, 20:49

You can't have just one surround. They must operate in pairs.

Presumably you removed the Play:1s as surrounds, in order to use one of them as another 'room'. In that case the other must be floating around somewhere as another 'room'. Look on your Rooms tab.
View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12
If it was half of the “surrounds” pair, it won’t now work on its own. You can remove it from that function and just have it as a stand-alone speaker, like you have with the one you moved.
Thank you Nik. I thought that might be the case. If I move to the room that has the other Play one (previously moved) will those work together? Thanks again.
You can't have just one surround. They must operate in pairs.

Presumably you removed the Play:1s as surrounds, in order to use one of them as another 'room'. In that case the other must be floating around somewhere as another 'room'. Look on your Rooms tab.
Userlevel 5
Badge +12
Each of the Play:1’s can be a stand-alone speaker and you could have 2, in a group, rather than pairing them as left/right stereo pair. In a large room, if a stereo pair struggles to fill the room with sound, one at each end can be preferable. (A stereo pair at each end is better, of course!)