Moves Playing in Stereo over Bluetooth!

• 5 March 2021
  • 2 replies

I purchased two Moves with the intent of creating a stereo pair of portable speakers. Fine on WiFi. Bluetooth is a whole different story. I should have paid closer attention to the specifications - specifically the FAQ. The whole point of getting two Moves was to take my music outside and on the road where there is no WiFi. I am very disappointed in Sonos at the moment. There is an old guideline in product design/development: if you can’t do something fully and completely to what the average customer will expect, don’t do it until you can.

To the Sonos engineers and product management folks: engineering a pair of speakers to work as a stereo pair over bluetooth is very possible and has been accomplished many times. I have a pair of very high quality JBL Flip4s which work nicely in stereo mode while connected to my phone in Bluetooth mode. They do this by pairing the streaming device to one of the speakers and then connecting the two speakers to each other so that the one drives the other. The sound is perfect without any lag. But the fun doesn’t stop there – you can pair over 100 of these things together and they will all play the same music! Get busy and reverse engineer one of these things. If they can do it, you can do it! And your customers expect the best since every other one of your products is far superior to any competing products.

•  

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Agree bluetooth stereo should not have been to hard to implement.  Suspect it’s a hardware limitation, which os a shame.

The other alternative is to pair them to a portable travel modem and create your own wifi.  Then you get Trueplay working too alongside Stereo

I purchased two Moves with the intent of creating a stereo pair of portable speakers. Fine on WiFi. Bluetooth is a whole different story. I should have paid closer attention to the specifications - specifically the FAQ. The whole point of getting two Moves was to take my music outside and on the road where there is no WiFi. I am very disappointed in Sonos at the moment. There is an old guideline in product design/development: if you can’t do something fully and completely to what the average customer will expect, don’t do it until you can.

To the Sonos engineers and product management folks: engineering a pair of speakers to work as a stereo pair over bluetooth is very possible and has been accomplished many times. I have a pair of very high quality JBL Flip4s which work nicely in stereo mode while connected to my phone in Bluetooth mode. They do this by pairing the streaming device to one of the speakers and then connecting the two speakers to each other so that the one drives the other. The sound is perfect without any lag. But the fun doesn’t stop there – you can pair over 100 of these things together and they will all play the same music! Get busy and reverse engineer one of these things. If they can do it, you can do it! And your customers expect the best since every other one of your products is far superior to any competing products.

•  

issue got solved

*Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct. Specifically, removed spam link embedded in quote.