Move - Unimpressed

• 9 January 2021
  • 7 replies

I don’t think I’m too picky, but for a speaker that has a larger form facfor than a One (accounting for battery), I would expect the Move to at least sound as good as a One.  Adjusting EQ or using TruePlay make no real difference… the sound is still very hollow with terrible midrange.  On top of that, the battery lasts nowhere near what is advertised; I can only get a few hours out of it at most.  Is this thing defective?  My experience seems at odds with many others.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7

Hi @username84319 

A few questions/comments:

Are you using the Move on Wi-Fi or Bluetooth?

The Move compensates for its environment when on Wi-Fi automatically. Also when outdoors the TruPlay adjustment will be less dramatic than when indoors. TruPlay is not available in BT mode.

If you feel your Move is defective you should contact Sonos Customer Service (or return to place of purchase).

Got a pair of move and also a pair of sonos ones, have to disagree I think the sonos ones sound don't even come close to my sonos move just a shame that they can't be added to the arc as rear speakers. 

I’ve actually only used on WiFi so far.  Sounds like I need to contact support.  Both the sound quality and battery are just not good.

I’ve actually only used on WiFi so far.  Sounds like I need to contact support.  Both the sound quality and battery are just not good.

Definitely sounds like a defect as battery on both of mine lasts aswell. I would Definitely contact support 

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

There’s a thread here about this device’s battery life -

I ended up just RMA’ing the unit.  Between battery life and hollow sound quality, I just didn’t want to deal with working with support, potentially ending up with another unit with the same problems.  Another time, perhaps.  I recently picked up a Sub, two Five’s, and four One’s and have been pretty satisfied, though I do wish it could go louder without sacrificing fidelity around three-quarters of max (presumably the speakers protecting themselves).  However, for the pricepoint, it does a good job.  To pulverize my bones would take a pretty stout, more expensive, and traditional system.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

I was really not impressed with the Move especially for the price.  Sound quality isn’t great.