Answered

Move Swipe Function with Spotify Not Working

• 15 May 2021
  • 7 replies

Badge

I can’t get the swipe feature with the Move speaker to skip songs or go to previous songs when playing from the Spotify app or Sonos S2 app. I have a paid account with Spotify. Move is up to date. Play/pause and volume buttons work fine. 

Is this a “when applicable” situation? Or am I overlooking a setting?

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 16 May 2021, 04:40

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Does this not work with say an album or playlist? Can you provide an example, or two?

Have you tried any other music services to see if the same thing happens?

Also is this just happening with your Sonos Move, or does it apply to your Sonos One speaker too?

Have you tried rebooting the speaker and toggling off/on the touch controls?

Badge

It doesn’t work with albums or playlists. 

Not yet. I’ve only tried with Spotify as it is my sole music app. 

Double press of play/ pause does work with Ones. 

I actually did a hard reset yesterday when I had an update issue (caused by me mistakenly blocking the device in my wifi’s settings, which was corrected). I learned about the feature when I was re-adding the Move to my network and went through the user tips. 

Toggled the Touch controls on/off, no change. 

Here is quite a useful Sonos Support article on the touch control features. See if that helps at all…

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3250

I’ve just quickly tested this on my own Sonos ‘Move’, using both Sonos Radio ("Sound System" Station) and also Spotify (free version) “Daily Mix 1” in S2 App …and the controls are working okay for those here. 

So not sure if it’s Spotify Premium, or your speaker?

The speaker hardware controls are also working here after I start a music playlist with the native Spotify App too (Daily Mix 3). The songs skip forward (I have a limited amount of song skips though, as it’s just the free version of Spotify).

Badge

Hmm. Thanks for checking. 

I checked with Apple Music and the swipe doesn’t work but the Ones will skip songs with the double press of the play/ pause. 

Holding the play/ pause on the Move will connect it to other rooms, if it isn’t grouped. Everything else seems to work except the swipe feature. I also set up a voice assistant today to see if it would skip songs in Spotify, and it does.

My only other thought (besides a factory reset of the Move) is to perhaps try skipping again a few times and then immediately submit a system diagnostic report just afterwards and post it’s reference back here and then contact Sonos Support via this LINK to see if they can assist.

Badge

The factory reset did not work.

I attempted to use the swipe feature while using Spotify premium then sent the following diagnostic code to Sonos customer service: 76553460.

I’ll follow up with a customer service email. Thanks.