Answered

Move - standby or power down?

• 25 September 2019
  • 3 replies

Hi,
My Move is scheduled for delivery today, can't wait!
I will be putting it in my home office when not in use, and it will only be used several times a month. (We have other Sonos speakers throughout the house that we use daily). When not in use, while on the base, is it better to leave the Move powered ON in standby mode? Or should I power it OFF when not in use? It will be on the charging base when not in use. My concern is will leaving it in standby mode for days on end (while on the charger) deplete the battery quicker?
Any advice, guidance?
thanks
icon

Best answer by Ryan S 25 September 2019, 20:52

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi Manchester, the battery will be fine to just sit on the charging base whenever not in use. Move was designed with that scenario in mind. Also, if you leave it that way, and have a voice assistant set up on it, the unit will be around if you ever need to call for something.

Exactly the answer to my question

I was worry about leaving on the charging deck and have to replace a battery,  but if is designed that way I will leave it on the charger, other wise it turn off and I can not use Alexa anytime :( 

For whatever it’s worth- I had called support before reading this and was told to remove it from the base when fully charged.