Answered

MOVE speaker

• 15 June 2020
  • 7 replies

Will the Move work with my Sonos system if I am on the Sonos 1 app      Since I purchased my speakers in 2017 I cannot use the Sonos 2 app

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 15 June 2020, 03:45

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Unless you purchased very old stock, anything sold in 2017 should be S2 compatible.  All S1/legacy devices were last manufactured in 2015.

So therefore I should be able to integrate the MOVE into the system    Correct.   

But yes, the Move is compatible with both S1 and S2, just not simultaneously. 

Fantastic    Thanks for the quick reply

Badge

I just got the Move and it will not let me put it on my S1 setup.  Arrgh.  I do not want to lose my 2 play fives on my system to set up the S2.  Why did they have to change it so it is no longer compatible?

I just got the Move and it will not let me put it on my S1 setup.  Arrgh.  I do not want to lose my 2 play fives on my system to set up the S2.  Why did they have to change it so it is no longer compatible?

Something else is at work here, because the Move most certainly can be used with S1.

Badge

Got It!  Not sure what changed but I now have the Move connected to my S1 setup.  Worked with Sonos chat support and he asked me to try a different phone.  That didn’t let me get past the WiFi setup for some reason.  I was then told to call the help line.  While on hold to talk to someone I gave it one last try on my original device and before anyone even picked up, it finally installed properly.

Thanks jgatie for responding and Emanual S from Sonos for magically fixing something even if we don’t know what made it work.

Speaker is going to be great to have out poolside.  Think I might keep it in the kitchen until then to supplement the rest of my system.