Question

Move - Permanently Stuck

• 3 July 2020
  • 3 replies

I previously had a Move set up on a home WiFi network.  As part of getting out of my home for COVID, I brought my Move with me to another house that did not have a full network.  Upon trying to use the Move in Bluetooth mode, I’ve had no success despite a massive range of attempts to fix the issue.    

• I’ve tried restarting.  The top LED simply continues to flash white.
  • I’ve tried restoring factory settings.  The “orange” LED I’m supposed to see never shows.
  • I’ve tried adding a new entire Sonos system in the new house.  Wont recognize.
  • There is nothing I can do in the app given I’m not connected to the Move nor an established Sonos WiFi system.

Nothing has worked.  

Please please help.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @nwessell.

Thank you for reaching out.

What happened here is your Sonos move was still registered to the SSID or wifi credentials in your original house. Since the Move was tight up with your home wifi it will not recognize a new wifi connection your using in another house or place.

Unlike with Bluetooth connection you can easily pair it with your phone and other Bluetooth devices.

And doing the factory data reset with your Sonos move is different compare to other Sonos product

Follow this link on doing the factory data reset.

Go ahead once you reset the Sonos move you should be able to add it to your new wifi connection.

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Thanks for your reply Mark. Unfortunately, I had previously tried the dedicated Move reset. It didn’t work this time around either. I held the Join button for over 5 minutes the first time and over 10 minutes the second time. The white LED continued to flash. 

What would you recommend as a next step? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @nwessell.

Thank you for reaching back again.

Just to clarify have you already followed these steps for Sonos move to factory data reset.

1. Take Move off the charging base.
  2. Press and hold the power button for at least 5 seconds to power it off.
  3. Press and hold the JoinButton-24px.png Join button and place Move back on the charging base.
  4. Continue holding the JoinButton-24px.png Join button until the light on top flashes orange and white.
  5. The light will flash green when the process is complete and your Sonos Move is ready to be set up.

If its still doesn't work, we need to contact our phone agent for them to check the Sonos move further.