Answered

Move on wrong wifi network

• 21 June 2020
  • 4 replies

I accidentally set my Move speaker up on my guest Wi-Fi, but my Sonos system is on my private home Wi-Fi. Now the app won’t find the Move and I can’t figure out how to change it to the correct Wi-Fi network. Ideas? Thank you. 

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 22 June 2020, 23:51

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Probably easiest to just factory reset it, and just set it up again with the correct SSID and password.

Thank you. I tried that and it worked. 

Is that really the only or best way?! I was hoping to be able to move the Move from place to place and use a guest wifi with some ease. A sample use case is going away for the weekend to a B&B or hotel and wanting to use the local wifi and not BT and then be able to move the Move back to my home Sonos system after the weekend. All without multiple factory resets. This solution seems extreme. 

Is that really the only or best way?! I was hoping to be able to move the Move from place to place and use a guest wifi with some ease. A sample use case is going away for the weekend to a B&B or hotel and wanting to use the local wifi and not BT and then be able to move the Move back to my home Sonos system after the weekend. All without multiple factory resets. This solution seems extreme. 

It was the best solution for the use case presented.  You are presenting an entirely different scenario.

The Move can connect to more than one wifi network without resetting

https://en.community.sonos.com/setting-up-sonos-228990/sonos-move-question-about-moving-it-between-houses-6830352

The purpose of many ‘guest’ networks is to allow browsing and emails but nothing more.  But that is not a Move issue.