Answered

Move keeps turning on and draining battery while docked

• 13 October 2019
  • 5 replies

Hey all - trying to figure out why my brand new Move keeps turning itself on while docked (and sometimes while off the dock). Music doesn’t play but I don’t want Move to have a dead battery when I go to use it. It’s very inconsistent. I have a handful of other sonos speakers on the same network but not grouped with the move.
icon

Best answer by ianacwilliams 15 October 2019, 20:46

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I am having the same issue… I think I will have to try holding down the power button for five seconds to completely turn the speaker off when not in use...

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

When your Move is docked, wil it not get power from the mains? How can the battery be drained then?

When your Move is docked, wil it not get power from the mains? How can the battery be drained then?

It’s not drained but it can’t be good for the battery to be constantly on while docked, seems kind of pointless. What’s better is I keep turning it off while docked and it keeps coming back on

It’s not drained but it can’t be good for the battery to be constantly on while docked, seems kind of pointless. What’s better is I keep turning it off while docked and it keeps coming back on 

Sonos support has stated the Move is designed to stay on the charging ring when not in use.  No damage to the battery will occur.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Since the Move is designed to be part of an “always on” multiroom environment it's designed to be on -  if you have to turn it when you want to listen to music half the comfort of such a system is gone.

This must mean the battery ist designed to withstand the fact that de Move is always on.