Answered

Move as a win10 wifi speakers

• 14 December 2020
  • 13 replies

Badge

Hello

Can i use Move as a win10 wifi speakers?
How can i do this

icon

Best answer by John B 14 December 2020, 22:31

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Not sure what you mean. But I’m assuming you are referring to the set up of the Move speakers?

If so you will need a supported iOS or Android device to install the move. Once set up it can be controlled by the Sonos Windows 10 app. 

Badge

Yes it is regarding Sonso Move

But YOu misleading topic
I need to listen for example music form winamp and hear it at sonos :)

So id like to see MOve as a one of audio devices at win10

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Does you PC have Bluetooth, if so you should be able to put the move into BT mode and pair with the move. 

Open settings in Win10,

Go to devices and “Add Bluetooth Device” 

Press the Switch to BT button on the rear of the move and it should flash Blue

After a fw seconds you should see the Sonos Move as  BT device to connect to.

Then it should play.  You may have to switch the PC Audio to it from its own speakers, but it normally happens automatically when paired.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

With this method you will only be able to play the PC audio on the Single move, you cannot shre the audio to other Sonos speakers and the Move when connected via BT will not show in the Sonos app.

Badge

Hello

Bluetooth works bu as I mantioned i have an issue via WIFI
How to achieve tha same result as bluetooth but via WIFI?

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Have you downloaded the Sonos app?  And then set up the speaker?  If so my first answer suggest you do this on an iOS or Android device as you cannot set up a new Sonos speaker in WiFi with your pc. 

anyway I’m out. I’ve been trying to help and your curt sarcastic responses are not appreciated.   Good luck

Badge
  1. I am  not sarcastic. - so You should not be ofended.
  2. You did not try to help me becouse You did not understan my issue. I don not need android bluetooth or whatewer
  3. I d like to set Sonos Move as a WI FI speakers for PC (win10). - this is an issue.

in networked (WiFi) mode the Move cannot be used as a computer speaker.  As @bockersjv explained, you can play PC audio to the Move only using Bluetooth. 

You can play music files stored on your PC to any Sonos speaker by setting up a Sonos Music Library.

Badge

Hello John

Than You for reply
That’s a pitty it shjould be basic funcionality for such an equipement

PS:
There is solution but not perfect one - use app Stream What You Hear

Yes I tried SWYH a long time ago.  I hope it has improved.

What exactly do you want to achieve that you cannot achieve using Bluetooth.  What other Sonos speakers do you have?

Badge

I have few devices at network NAS, 2 pc etc, mobile phone so I d like to have possibility to listen the music form all of them without pairing switching from  WIFI to Bluetooth

Blutooth is useless for me - very inconvenient.

Badge

Regarding SWYH - there is big delay between for example movie and sound :(