Military discount

• 2 April 2020
  • 6 replies

Hi,

First ever post here.

I am looking making my first Sonos purchase, I am looking at a Sonos Beam with 2 x One SL’s as a bundle.  I can see that the usual price on the UK site is £757, but lately there has been a sale of £45 off this price which is good news.  I am also an ex member of the UK armed forces and Sonos are a member of the Defence Discount Scheme which offers serving or ex military 15% off all purchases. 

I was trying to persuade the wife that I need this purchase and that I would get an extra 15% off which would bring it down to an excellent £607.

I then logged in again the following day and saw an even better sale on these items on the Sonos website,  this is now listed at a sale price of £637 giving a saving on the website of £120.  I was about to make this purchase on the website and apply my military discount of 15% to this transaction, however,  when applying this discount code of 15% off the price actually increases to £647!!  How??

When the item was on sale at £45 off I could apply my discount successfully,  Now with a sale price of £120 off, I can no longer apply my military discount of 15%.

Can anyone explain why this is?  If i can apply my discount on this current ale price of £ 637 (should have brought it to a new total price of £541.45) then Sonos have got a deal. 

Thanks, 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Usually you can’t stack Sonos discounts, you have to pick one discount and use it.

Hi Stanley_4,

Thanks for your response.  I understand the premise of having only the one discount applicable at once, but as I said,  the package I was looking at buying was on a discounted price of £45 off the usual price (down to £712) and I was able to use my military discount on top of this sale price, therefore having a further 15% off the price of £712. 

Sonos have now made the package price at a better sale price of £120 off the usual price, and now I cannot use my military discount at all (in fact the price rises when I try to use it)

So I was able to use 2 discounts but now I cannot. 

Perhaps you might be better off if you were to contact Sonos Support directly to discuss it?

I usually suggest the phone folks, they have more tools available because they're on the phone with you, but they are available Monday through Friday during business hours. The Twitter support folks are available 24/7.

The community here doesn’t have any control over how Sonos’ website operates, and you’d be much more likely to get a useful answer by speaking directly to Sonos. 

Thanks Airgetlam,

You’re probably right.  I usually work night shifts but I’ll phone them during the day soon and hopefully I’ll be able to use my discount & make my first Sonos purchase :grinning:

They’ve got 24/7 support via Twitter, too, if you have that as an option. ;)

I found the same a few days ago, it seems you can only apply one discount and need to grab whichever works out best. 

You might try splitting into more than one purchase, buy the most expensive piece using your 15% Defence Discount, then purchase the other items using the current general discount available (your Defence Discount vault code can only be used once).  

It may be swings and roundabouts and very little in it - but worth trying it in your basket to see how it works and if there's any benefit.

Good luck.

Alan.