Managing SONOS at a party

• 10 March 2018
  • 3 replies

Badge
New to SONOS. How do I keep control over the music feed for a house party when others are on the same WIFI with the SONOS app and different playlists?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12
If it were me, I'd set up a "guest network" and only allow guests access to that. That way, they couldn't peruse everything, including the Sonos setup, on your regular network. This would also keep them from getting at all the contents of any computer HD you may have connected to your network.

This is the best option right now.
Hello there, SteveClark. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. At the moment, there are no built-in party controls. However, that is something we've had a few requests for in the past. I am happy to forward this along to the team for visibility and consideration. Thanks again for the feedback!

In the meantime, personally, I've used a guest network for guests to use during parties unless I trust their music judgment. Only then can they wield the remote. 😛
If it were me, I'd set up a "guest network" and only allow guests access to that. That way, they couldn't peruse everything, including the Sonos setup, on your regular network. This would also keep them from getting at all the contents of any computer HD you may have connected to your network.