Lower volume at lowest setting

• 12 July 2021
  • 4 replies

At the lowest volume level, my pair of Sonos One SL’s are still too loud for late night listening for some types of music. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

It’s been an issue that has had multiple threads about it. So far, Sonos hasn’t done anything, possibly due to the nature of the digital amplifier driving the speakers.

For now, your best bet is to move the speakers further away from your current listening position. I used to have my Ones about a foot from my head, they were too ‘loud’ at minimum settings. I moved the to the opposite side of the room, and now it’s fine. 

It’s been an issue that has had multiple threads about it. So far, Sonos hasn’t done anything, possibly due to the nature of the digital amplifier driving the speakers.

For now, your best bet is to move the speakers further away from your current listening position. I used to have my Ones about a foot from my head, they were too ‘loud’ at minimum settings. I moved the to the opposite side of the room, and now it’s fine. 

Thanks. I’ll try and move them farther away from me. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

It would give the support folks here better information to pass to the programmers if you could give them the music source you were using.

I pretty much stick to my local library and Amazon and have no issues with the volume going low enough for night use,

It would give the support folks here better information to pass to the programmers if you could give them the music source you were using.

I pretty much stick to my local library and Amazon and have no issues with the volume going low enough for night use,

I use Apple Music and YouTube Music for the most part. I used to have the same issue with some headphones, until the manufacturer finally released a firmware update that offered more granular control over the volume.