love/hate sonos

• 1 February 2020
  • 2 replies

I really used to love this system, but as of lately it has been such a headache and almost everyday I want to return all my speakers. My system keeps stopping, says it’s unable to play songs, unable to connect entirely, plays random songs, doesnt finish playing songs before it plays another, error messages all the time, and the list continues. I’ve changed nothing about my wifi connection, havent changed routers or anything. The system...or app just seems to be very unreliable. I have to always turn off my wifi and turn it back on for the app to hopefully connect. Is anyone else having these issues? These speakers cost too much for it not to work properly. Im almost at my wicks end with sonos. 

2 replies

Sure sounds like you’re experiencing wifi interference, which often can come from outside influences on your local WiFi setup. Just because you haven’t changed anything doesn’t mean things in the surrounding environment haven’t.

I’d recommend reading through that FAQ. There’s a plethora of useful suggestions in it. But if that doesn’t work, I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this issue, and contact Sonos Support to discuss it.

I usually suggest the phone folks, they have more tools available, but are available Monday through Friday during business hours. Twitter support folks are available 24/7.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.  

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

I really used to love this system, but as of lately it has been such a headache and almost everyday I want to return all my speakers. My system keeps stopping, says it’s unable to play songs, unable to connect entirely, plays random songs, doesnt finish playing songs before it plays another, error messages all the time, and the list continues. I’ve changed nothing about my wifi connection, havent changed routers or anything. The system...or app just seems to be very unreliable. I have to always turn off my wifi and turn it back on for the app to hopefully connect. Is anyone else having these issues? These speakers cost too much for it not to work properly. Im almost at my wicks end with sonos. 

change the wifi channel use another