Question

Looking for Info on Google Assistant integration

• 23 October 2017
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge
First off I know it's down the road a few months but I was curious if an insider or someone who frequents these forums might know a bit.

I am stoked for the One coming out tomorrow - price point and features are what I have been waiting for. Unfortunately I am team Google and could care less about Alexa integration. I am interested in pulling the trigger on 3 One speakers in the coming days but I was hoping to grab a bit of info on the integration first.

I was hoping someone knew if the the integration with Google would go as far as me being able to treat the speakers as essentially Chromecast Audio devices, or would it be purely interacting with the assistant? Like I know Sonos wants me to use their app and all, which I have used at family and friends houses, but If the speaker is running the assistant it doesn't seem to far of a stretch to think the speaker would show up in some fashion in the Google Home App?

I feel kind of sketchy about purchasing a product based on promises that the integration with Google Assistant will materialize, but part of me wants to have faith.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Nobody knows at this time, and even when/if they do, Sonos has strict NDAs that any beta tester must agree to. Anything you learn will be from an official Sonos source, and they are being very close to the vest about it right now.
First off I know it's down the road a few months but I was curious if an insider or someone who frequents these forums might know a bit.

I am stoked for the One coming out tomorrow - price point and features are what I have been waiting for. Unfortunately I am team Google and could care less about Alexa integration. I am interested in pulling the trigger on 3 One speakers in the coming days but I was hoping to grab a bit of info on the integration first.

I was hoping someone knew if the the integration with Google would go as far as me being able to treat the speakers as essentially Chromecast Audio devices, or would it be purely interacting with the assistant? Like I know Sonos wants me to use their app and all, which I have used at family and friends houses, but If the speaker is running the assistant it doesn't seem to far of a stretch to think the speaker would show up in some fashion in the Google Home App?

I feel kind of sketchy about purchasing a product based on promises that the integration with Google Assistant will materialize, but part of me wants to have faith.

I have exactly your doubts.

I wish to move out from Alexa, and have just Google Assistant. But the integration with other GA speaker is important. I will get the Sonos ONE if it integrates from the GH app.

If not I will go with JBL, Sony, Google Max or others
Userlevel 2
Badge

I have exactly your doubts.

I wish to move out from Alexa, and have just Google Assistant. But the integration with other GA speaker is important. I will get the Sonos ONE if it integrates from the GH app.

If not I will go with JBL, Sony, Google Max or others

Yeah the max looks promising, but the One just hits the quality and price point on the head.