Limited Edition Styles

• 27 November 2019
  • 10 replies

• Contributor I
  • 0 replies

What are some of your most wanted limited edition styles? I like what they did with the Beastie Boys style and like the idea of integrating it as more of a, decorative, practical item. 

What other artists would you be excited to see? 

10 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

I really don’t need my more speakers, but something with real wood grain like the Klipsch one would tempt me an awful lot, especially if they tuned the sound signature for jazz.

I thought someone famous once said … “Any customer can have it painted any color that he wants so long as it is black”. 🤔

So that’ll do me.

I’m visiting a friend who has a pair of the “Blue Note” (?) special editions, and while I used to think they looked awesome against the pale blue wall he had in his dining room, they’re now against a taupe/sandstone colored wall, and I’m less enchanted. I find the basic black or white sufficient for my needs, but I do think some of the previous editions were nice. But it’s hard to come up with good ideas that will sell a bunch. 

But I’d buy a set that had the Yes logo on them ;)

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

I love the Beastie Boys, but straight up that speaker was ugly. 

Just like the music we listen to, it’s all a matter of taste. Who am I to impose my tastes on you? ;)

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

Interesting idea, I’d be curious what sort of special edition you all might want to see in the future.

Some people might remember a very limited (one of a kind) batch of painted Play:3s that we gave out years back during the Grammy’s.

Doubt you can find any of these as they were all one of a kind, but they were pretty cool :)

I happen to pick up this Sonos play five first generation is steal from a college student today and I have never seen this style before can anyone let me know what it is?

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

Wow, talk about limited edition. That is not a Play:5 gen 1 that was ever produced for sale, it’s a pre-production materials test for basic assembly and internals testing. It’s more like an S5 gen 0. Basically, everything is there, but it’s before the proper casing was put on it. Very limited, not a product ever intended to be sold by a college student.

I’m not sure the full story on how it got into your hands, but I hope it keeps working for you and you enjoy the look! It probably goes without saying, but an unreleased unit like that has no warranty or guaranty of working in the long run.

Wow, talk about limited edition. That is not a Play:5 gen 1 that was ever produced for sale, it’s a pre-production materials test for basic assembly and internals testing. It’s more like an S5 gen 0. Basically, everything is there, but it’s before the proper casing was put on it. Very limited, not a product ever intended to be sold by a college student.

I’m not sure the full story on how it got into your hands, but I hope it keeps working for you and you enjoy the look! It probably goes without saying, but an unreleased unit like that has no warranty or guaranty of working in the long run.

I got it with a play 3 for $250 and it sounds great so far

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

I’m a huge Pink Floyd fan, and I think their artwork would be really amazing on a speaker :heart_eyes: