Liberate the rear channels for normal music please!

• 18 January 2014
  • 5 replies

Please change code for playback default so that rear channel L/R speakers play music when not playing back TV surround sound. It stinks that they just sit there doing nothing when listening to music instead of TV.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

I had the same response, then I discovered a simple setting change... change music playback from "Ambient" to "Full" And the angels sing... ahhh
How: Go to Settings > Room Settings > [Name of Playbar / Playbase (+SUB+LS+RS)] > Advanced Audio > Surround Settings > Music Playback > Ambient to Full

discover & #playitfwd
This option no longer seems to exist.
It does. Pretty sure you can't change the setting from the desktop applications, but you can from the android or iOS apps.
The StreamS app for AppleTV provides some 5.1 music streams. I suspect it’s artificially creating the ambient from a stereo source, so no idea how well it actually works, and I’m not set up to test it...

https://www.jazzgroove.org/listening-options
Userlevel 5
Badge +10
I had the same response, then I discovered a simple setting change... change music playback from "Ambient" to "Full" And the angels sing... ahhh
How: Go to Settings > Room Settings > [Name of Playbar / Playbase (+SUB+LS+RS)] > Advanced Audio > Surround Settings > Music Playback > Ambient to Full

discover & #playitfwd

That works of course but the soundbar will still play some music and that needs to stop so it's only rears and sub.
Plus rear fulls doesn't work for HDMI sources like Apple TV. It will play though all speakers.