Legacy, profit over Customer Care

• 9 February 2020
  • 2 replies

Hi there,

Thank you for contacting me.

My issue is certainly not resolved.

I am staggered that a very expensive system I bought only three and half years ago from reputable dealers, all brand new items, can now be declared to contain obsolete, legacy devices.

When will the next components of my system suffer the same fate????  

I was an engineer in charge of PLC controlled robotic lines for 30 years. I understand tech, redundancy, compatibility and equipment age issues.

What you are doing would never be accepted in industry.

You are putting profit before customer.

This greed will be your downfall.

Once people understand this kit has a very short lifespan, they will look elsewhere.

If we customers want to upgrade because new features are desirable, that is fair trade. 

To be forced into it, when the new features are of no interest to us, is corporate manipulation, profit grasping greed. 

I am outraged, and will be sending full details to the BBC Ripped off Britain consumer program.

In order to save this situation, you need to make existing kit continue to work in its current mode. It does not need to have new features, just do what we paid for.

Knowing what I do about this kit, I know that is possible, unless grasping greedy millionaire top management choose excess profit over sustainable, satisfied customers.

Thank you again for contacting me. 

Please put this mail in front of senior management. 

They have created this storm, they need to solve it, or watch as Sonos slowly burns.

John

On Sun, 9 Feb 2020, 09:41 Sonos Support, <support@sonos.com> wrote:

Sonos logo Customer Care
pattern

We're here for you.

pattern

Hi there,

Thanks again for contacting Sonos.

We wanted to follow up and ensure that your case was resolved. If you need anything else, simply reply to this email and let us know that you need help. If all is well, keep an eye out for a follow-up survey shortly.

Thanks,
The Sonos Team

Your Question

Summary

I retired in 2016, and bought a complete Sonos system as my reward for 44 unbroken years of work. I couldn't really afford it. I was horrified to get the email that says parts of my system were made between 2005-11, and would now be declared obsolete, legacy items. This is outrageous, I have only had them 3 years. If there is a memory capacity issue, we should be able to add a memory card or unit rather than be forced to buy new units. I know you're now looking at reducing the problems, please put whatever resources are needed on this issue. It's an insurmountable problem for many of your customers. John.

Case #: 01499421

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

I thought they were leaving the legacy systems working at a final level of functionality, just like you are apparently demanding when you say 

“In order to save this situation, you need to make existing kit continue to work in its current mode. It does not need to have new features, just do what we paid for.”

In addition, as I understand it, they’ve said they will provide bug fixes too. 

I thought they were leaving the legacy systems working at a final level of functionality, just like you are apparently demanding when you say 

“In order to save this situation, you need to make existing kit continue to work in its current mode. It does not need to have new features, just do what we paid for.”

In addition, as I understand it, they’ve said they will provide bug fixes too. 

That's exactly what they are doing.  The OP wasted a lot of outrage on nothing.