Answered

Latency/Delay wired speakers and wireless speakers

• 11 January 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hi,

I would like to know if there is latency/delay when you couple wired speakers (Cabasse jersey) and wireless speakers (sonos one or sonos play) with Sonos connect or Port.

Thanks,

Benjamin

icon

Best answer by ratty 11 January 2021, 11:58

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Those speakers appear to be passive, so you would need an external amplifier to use them with Port (or Connect). Presumably you already have one.

Assuming the amplifier doesn’t contain any inbuilt digital processing your Cabasse speakers would be in sync with the Sonos One/Play units. However if you’re using an AV receiver with digital processing there could be sync problems.

Badge

great thanks a lot for your advices

If i am using an A/V receiver and there is a latency issue, is there a way to rectify the issue?  I purchased a play 5 to use in an area not directly near the wired speakers and the latency was very noticeable, so i returned it.  If there is a way to fix that i would love to know.

Thanks!

If i am using an A/V receiver and there is a latency issue, is there a way to rectify the issue?  I purchased a play 5 to use in an area not directly near the wired speakers and the latency was very noticeable, so i returned it.  If there is a way to fix that i would love to know.

The receiver could perhaps reduce or eliminate its processing delay if it offers a ‘direct’ or ‘pure’ mode. There isn’t any way within the Sonos system to compensate for the external delay. Sonos can’t delay all the other players in a group to cater for the delay introduced in a third party device connected to one of the players.