Just purchased Roam, now doesnt charge

• 3 June 2021
  • 1 reply

Literally purchased my Roam 4 days ago. I was able to fully charge it 3 days ago. Today it has 4% battery and I haven’t even used the speaker yet, except to set it up. 

I went to charge it today, and it shows the lightening charge indicator over the batter in the Sonos app, but the device keeps dropping in battery percentage. It’s now down to 2% 20 minutes after I plugged it into charge. What gives? $170 for a paperweight that I can’t even use??

I've been so please with my Sonos Ones. I bought 4 of them for my apartment. But what a disappointment this Roam is. I have a Bose portable speaker that I use every day at work for the last 6 years, and it still continues to work beautifully and charge correctly. What’s the point of a portable speaker that dies quickly??

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

What’s the power rating of your charger, in volts and amps? Is is USB C, or are you using Qi to charge the Roam?