Answered

issues with roam

• 23 May 2021
  • 3 replies

I received my Sonos roam two days ago & I have been having numerous issues since getting it. This is my first time buying a Sonos product and I’m quite upset. 

My issues 
1. First it wasn’t connecting to WiFi (it keeps getting stuck on the press play button to continue after it recognizes my phone). I let it go and then used bluetooth.
2. Now, it’s not powering on or off. I’ve charged it for 6 hours, using multiple different types for charged and outlet. It’s still blinking orange. It’s not even turning it off. I’ve held the power button for 5-10 seconds, even a minute and nothing. It continues to blink orange. 
3. It’s not getting out of this stage now. It’s just stuck blinking orange for the past day. No matter how much I charge or what buttons I press or hold. 

any idea? 

icon

Best answer by James L. 24 May 2021, 10:37

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Badge +17

Hi @billa718,

I’m sorry to read that you’re having such issues with your Roam. The only thing I can suggest is to make sure that Roam is completely disconnected from both chargers (USB-C and Qi wireless), and hold down the power button for at least 12 seconds. Wait a few seconds after letting go and press and hold the power button again for a further 2 seconds. This should force reboot Roam and power it back on. If this still isn’t working, please get in touch with our customer care team who will explore your next steps.

Hi James. This solved the issue of it not turning off but it still not connecting to Wifi. The product tour gets up all the way up to where I have the press the start button when the light is flashing green and white. I press the button and nothing happens. Do you know if there is another way to connect to Wifi outside of the instructions of the product tour?

I have the same neverending flashing orange led issue, beside the fact that my roam had been working fine for the last two weeks prior to this.

But for me the 12 - 2 seconds technic doesn’t even shut my unit down. (BTW, the power button really sucks)

I have a beam and three One’s and it’s the first issue I have with the brand. It’s really bumming me out still.

I’ll call customer care tomorrow.

Edit: Turns out the battery was too low. (Found this on another tread)

Used another charger and it’s back online. Lesson learn.