Question

issues with move

• 24 June 2020
  • 3 replies

i have a boost in my home with 4 zones set up with play 1, play 3, sub, playbar, sonos one and now the move.  the move sounds great but because it doesn;t connect to the boost i have tons of issues with it dropping constantly.  i am so disappointed!  i almost always group the move with my other zones/speakers but it seems that because they aren't on the same network (boost vs 5gh wireless) its sketchy as hell.  i need some help! 

i really used to worship sonos but starting to think they are losing their edge. i have reset the move multiple times, deleted the extender network from it’s ‘sight’ and still having issues.  someone please help.  my expectation is that it is a seamless experience between all the speakers.  anything else is unacceptable, 

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @danlotec, thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community.

We understand the disappointment and I’ll be glad to help any way I can.

Please take a diagnostic while the Move is in the location you want it in. 

In the Sonos app go to Setting > Help & Tips > Submit Diagnostic and post the confirmation.

This will tell us more about the environment the Sonos Move is in and suggest some adjustments.

If you have other concerns, feel free to reach out.

Thanks - here you go:

Your confirmation number is: 2100766072.

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @danlotec, thank you for the update and sorry for the late response.

I checked the diagnostic, I don’t see the Move having Wireless issues.

The Move is connecting to a 5g wifi; which is fine. The Move is the only Sonos speaker that can connect to 5g.

Now, I would need to check your network; How far is the Move from the Router? 20 ft to 30 ft is the recommended distance.

What router model do you have? What model is the extender as well? So I can check for any known issue.

You could also set up the Sonos Move to run on the 2.4 GHz and test if the 2.4 GHz would be better.

Update us with your findings.