Is this normal for a New Play 5?

• 29 December 2016
  • 1 reply

Badge +1
Bought a new Play 5 from best buy, had the security tabs in place and was wrapped inside. I noticed the rubber feet on the right side are worn, they have shiny spots, looks like it has been standing on that side.

Do other people's units have this? Is from standing during assembly or is it possible it was a used unit that has been refurbished and put back in the box? Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Some Best Buy stores have a tendency to re-package returned items and sell them as new, even though they're not. Some are a little better and will put an "Open Box" sticker and mark the price down a bit. Usually if it was re-packed by the store, there's some other sign that it may have been opened or used before, like an internal seal being torn/cut, cords not neatly tied up, or something else.

It's possible that it might have been a random quality control test unit, so it may have gotten a little bit of use at the manufacturing facility before being sent. If everything else inside indicated that it was new, then this is more likely the case. I'm not sure if Sonos does this or not, but I know other companies do.