Answered

Is there truly no workaround for wireless use with Apple TV

• 21 December 2021
  • 5 replies

I bought the Beam (Gen 2) and Sub for my home theater setup. The theater room is an Apple TV HDMI connected to a projector that projects on to a screen. No physical TV in the room!

For the life of me I have been searching high and low for a simple wireless connection from the Apple TV to a speaker across the room that also wirelessly connects to a sub and *****doesnt restrict what content I can watch or listen to. Music, movies, TV, whatever***** Does this truly not exist?? I can’t believe the Beam doesn’t have bluetooth functionality in 2021.

My question is: Is there any way whatsoever that I can stream movie audio from the Apple TV to the Beam+Sub wirelessly? Airplay, 3rd party app anything PLEASE?? I really don’t want to return these speakers.

icon

Best answer by John B 21 December 2021, 18:36

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Bluetooth is unsuitable for AV sound (lag, formats).   it is entirely believable that the Beam doesn’t have bluetooth, even in 2021.

I suspect you would have audio sync issues with Airplay, too, although i am not an Apple user, so I am not sure of that.

Soundbars are really designed for TVs, not projectors, although there are ways to use them by splitting out the audio rather than trying to play it through the projector.

Thanks for your response and that makes sense! I do believe I have found a solution though! 

This page from Apple Support details how you can use the Home app to direct audio to speakers on the same network or via bluetooth (if so enabled).

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Sonos speakers?

Sonos speakers?

Yep! Each time I turn on my Apple TV now it is defaulting to the Sonos speakers for audio! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Stereo or surround?