Is there an easy way to "clear" all rooms to show NO MUSIC?

• 31 October 2017
  • 12 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +4
As I continue to add more speakers and rooms to my system, I get more and more annoyed with seeing music showing up as playing(displayed) in the 'Rooms' tab, even though it really isn't. I know many choices of music can be cleared by deleting the Queue or having the option to STOP it. There are however other music stream services that don't give you that option, and the only thing you can do is pause it. It's probably just the OCD in me, but if I'm done listening to music in a room, I wanna see that room as showing 'NO MUSIC'. For now, if I want to see the 'NO MUSIC' in a particular room, I've been starting something from my music library and then clearing the Queue to achieve this. Seems like there should be an easier way. It'd be nice if there was an option to 'Stop all music', resulting in all rooms showing 'NO MUSIC'. Thoughts and suggestions are greatly appreciated!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

12 replies

This is my question EXACTLY and I'm disappointed to see that there are no responses. I love the system but this is a bone of contention - there must be a way to have NO MUSIC displayed in any/all rooms where no music is actually playing. Anyone who may have an answer to this, please post!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
To Clear a room

go to room you want to clear
on the now playing screen go to the queue (the .___ ___ beside volume)
Click Clear
Userlevel 4
Badge +4
We know how to clear a QUEUE! You can't clear streaming music with this awful software.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Thanks for being so smart .... but that does clear streaming songs. In most cases of streaming music from a service or even amazon alexa you can clear it there. Yes certain things like streaming Pandora don't clear from there.
Userlevel 1
Badge
Whose multi-room streaming audio software do you think does a better job? I would like to check it out. Thanks.
Userlevel 4
Badge +4
In most cases of streaming music? I beg to differ. I use 4 services and can't clear the queue on 100% of them--Google Play, SiriusXM, Amazon Music, and iHeart Radio. Currently my app shows 4 different rooms with music, yet nothing is playing, and the clear queue button is grayed out for every one of them.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Guess it depends on what your playing from them.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
yea you would think you could hold the room or something and just clear it if you really didn't want last playing to be showing. Sonos works under assumption you may always want to go back to what you were last listening too.

You can play a song briefly. Then clear queue and will get you no music.

If you wanted to make sure no one clicked on something and played something you could create a blank .mp3 called No Music.MP3. Put as favorite and just play that song as a clearing of the room. Heck you could set an alarm at like 4am every day to play No Music to each speaker so they all always were just blank (sorta).
Userlevel 4
Badge +4
For the most part, I only listen to different radio stations throughout 7 different rooms in my house, so it's always showing music selected in every room on the app. It'd be nice if Sonos came up with an option to "clear" all music from every room, but I'm not holding my breath on that! 😞
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I asked the question of Sonosequencr developer - I tried to see if their clear list would do it but it just clears queue. Seems if there was a trick to it they could figure it out.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
The sonosequencr developer got back to me today. He said they found a way to clear the room and will implement on their next release. So with that you would be able to go into sonosequencr and make Button macros to clear each room or all at once.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Sonosequencr released their new version that has option to clear rooms per our request