Answered

Is there a way to physically connect an iPod Touch to the play:1 speaker?

• 16 June 2018
  • 5 replies

WiFi keeps cutting out - looking for way to plug it out into the speaker is there an adapter or some other way to connect it.
icon

Best answer by chicks 16 June 2018, 03:17

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Just needs a genuine Apple adapter, works fine. This won’t fix your WiFi issues, though.

Thanks - my iPod Touch is 2nd gen so it’s got a lightning connector. Looks like the docks are the old 30-pin.
Not a huge fan of the Geek squad, the knowledge is extremely variable in quality. That being said, it sounds like they did tell you the truth, but I'd take a look at eBay for that Sonos Dock. As chicks suggested, it might be an excellent solution for you.

In fact, here's an easy link: https://www.ebay.com/bhp/sonos-dock
Thanks - I went over to Best Buy to talk with a Geek Squad guy - since music won't pass through the CAT 5 input on the back of the Play 1 (the only input it has) I'm out of luck if the WiFi isn't strong enough, or there's no WiFi signal at all like outside. REALLY wish the speakers had bluetooth capability.
There was the Sonos Dock, which had the 30 pin connector. Might work with a lightning adapter, but Apple is very, very bad about supporting their older tech, so no guarantees. Try eBay.

You probably want a Boost, set up on a different channel than your WiFi. Dropouts are almost always due to poor WiFi connectivity or interference.